HOW TO GET MORE WEAR WITHOUT THE TEAR!
True style stands the test of time. That's why we've performed rigorous quality testing to ensure your garment stays a statement in your wardrobe for as long as possible. Each garment is different, and requires special care for its specific materials. Take care of them according to their needs, as listed on the garment care label, and they'll continue to look good – as you do – for a long time.
HOW TO WASH
- Don’t use too much washing detergent or fabric softener. Use approved detergents only and a reduced or normal spin cycle.
- Give your whites, darks and colours the special attention they need. Wash each colour group separately.
- Wash garments with contrast trims or panels separately, especially your blacks and whites. The fabrics have been designed to be washed together, but may absorb dye from other garments.
- Wash your denim and coated fabrics inside out to protect the fabric and depth of colour.
- Wash your garments on a cold machine wash and on a gentle cycle where possible.
- Viscose and jersey natural materials can stretch in the wash. Use a steam iron to bring your garments back to perfect form.
- Woolen garments need to be treated delicately. Follow the care instructions and either hand wash, or select a gentle setting on your washing machine. Avoid soaking woolen garments for more than an hour. Always dry them flat to prevent stretching.
- Line dry your clothes where possible in the shade. Direct sunlight can fade high coloured garments
- Keep the heat down low with delicate items, and always follow the instructions on your garment to avoid damage.
- Warm iron where possible and for best results a good steam iron will suffice.
- Some things are best left to the professionals. Dry cleaning instructions are specific to a style or material, and your garment's care label will tell you what it needs.
DO NOT BLEACH OR TUMBLE DRY
- Do not bleach your garments this will destroy the fibers and dramatically distort our fabric colours and patterns.
- Tumble dry garments if specified on the care label. Please always check. This will apply particulaly to our coats and blazer range.
HINTS AND HANDY TIPS
- Hang shirts, dresses and tops on a hanger around 1cm thick to avoid bumps when drying
- Never apply detergents directly onto clothing, always use dispenser on machines where available or dissolve detergent in water before adding to the wash.
- Do not wear the same garment two days in a row. After wearing, all items of clothing should be given a day’s rest or washed for the fabric weave to return to its normal structure, this will prolong the life and appearance of the garment.
- Do not iron embroidery or printing on any garment as it will cause the logo to deteriorate. If ironing is required always cover the logo with a 100% cotton cloth. A plain tea towel or pillow case is normally a good option.
All Height-of-Fashion garments have been carefully designed for comfort and style. We stand by the quality of our garments provided the above care instructions are followed and all garments are worn for their intended use.